Toc H Public Society, Kochi, presently consisting of 14 service-minded people has identified education as its prime mission. It runs a nursery school, a CBSE school and an Engineering College which together provide a seamless conduit of learning from cradle to career. The Toc H Trust, Kochi is a subsidiary unit of the Society. A 9-member core management team consisting of the Board of Directors (who are annually elected from the members of the Society) looks after the management of the School. The day-to-day administration is supervised by the offices of the President, the Manager, the Secretary and the Treasurer.
The profile of the organization for the year 2008-09 :
Prof. P.J. Joseph
Prof. P.J. Joseph is the President of Toc H Group of Institutions, Cochin, Kerala. He is a former Professor and Head of Post Graduate and Research Department of English at Union Christian College, Alwaye.
He was a member of the Board of Studies at Mahatma Gandhi University and has edited textbooks for the University. He has served in various capacities as: the member of the State Level Academic Core Group for the Total Literacy Project of Kerala, Vice President of Kerala Counselor’s Forum, Vice President of the Association for Environmental Protection, Secretary of Ernakulam District Committee and Member of the State Committee of Kerala Association for Non Formal Education and Development, Member of the National Council of Indian Adult Education Association, Project Director & Member of the Executive of various Environmental Protection Programmes and one of the Founder Members of Commonwealth Association for the Education & Training of Adults.
He has been elected as the Vice President of the Kerala Chapter of the Confederation of NGOs of Rural India (CNRI).
Kingston University School of Education, Kingston, U.K. conferred on Prof. P.J. Joseph International Visiting Fellowship in 2007.
He has published two travelogues in Malayalam and his articles have been published in various National and International journals and publications.
Mr. K. Varghese, Dr.
Founder Manager and Director of Toc H Institute of Science and Technology and also Toc H Schools at Cochin, Tripunithura and Punalur. A committed social worker who founded ‘Chaitanya’ (home for the mentally retarded) run by YMCA, Ernakulam. He donated land for starting a Trade School run by the Rotary Club of Cochin East of which he was the Founder Chairman. He has traveled the whole of Europe, America, Canada, China and several Asian countries such as Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE, and Israel. He is the India Commissioner of the Toc H International. He is well exposed to the emerging global trends in education. He is the Past President of several social organizations such as the Rotary Club, Y’s Men’s Club, YMCA, Ernakulam and Gymkhana Club, Ernakulam. He is also a member of the Director Board of Medical Trust Hospital, Cochin. He is the President of Toc H Public School, Ambalamedu, Member of National YMCA, New Delhi, Vice President of CBSE Schools Management Association. In recognition of his various social, cultural and educational activities he was conferred Doctorate of Philosophy in Social Service by The Cosmopolitan University, University & Research Institute, Missouri, U.S.A. in 2006
Mr. K.A. Simon
Mr. K.A. Simon is Secretary of the School and the Engineering College. He is a Former State player and was the first captain of the Kerala University Basketball Team. He is the Treasurer of the All Kerala CBSE School Management Association.
Mr. K.K. Mathew
Treasurer of the School and the Engineering College, Mr. Mathew is active in the field of residential building construction and is a prominent person in the field of social work and church activities.
Chev. P Thomas
- Rtd. From MES as Garrison Engineer. A class-1 gazetted officer of Central Government.
- Well versed in building design and construction matters.
Mr. C. S. Varghese
- Founder Member of Toc H Cochin Branch and Director of Toc H Public School and Engineering College
- Rtd. Sr. Engineer from HMT, Kalmassery
- Presently working as Engineer-Surveyor and Valuer
- A well-known writer, author and social activist. His pen name is C.S. Varghese Kodukulinyi. He has written ten books in Malayalam.
- Founder member and office bearer of a number of other social organizations
Chev. Pathrose Pankapilly
Mr. Alex Mathew, Dr. M.Sc., Ph.D (Counselling)
Counseling experience in Africa, America and India.
Full time Counseling Ministry in India from 1985
- Founder, ‘Agappe Life Ministry and Services – India’
- Director, Grace Counseling, India
India Director - Abiding Life Ministry Services
Mr. N.J. Johnson
- An expert in computers and working as an Executive in a private firm
- A social worker
Mr. M. Mammen
- Extension Officer and Executive Secretary, Toc H India
- Convenor of Christian Emphasis, YMCA
- Joint Secretary of Elders Forum
- President of Kerala Printers Association
- Proprietor of Padinjarathil
Mr. George Mathew, Dr.
- Harrison Malayalam Estate till 1969
- Awarded Doctorate as a recognition for his services to the poor and needy by Y’s Men Association, 1998
Mr. M.X. Paul Vincent
- Retd. Deputy Engineer – HMT Kalamassery
- Active social worker and has taken initiative in starting a charity fund for poor students
Mr. Madhu Cherian
- Working with M/s Apollo Tyres after intensive training in Mechanical and Automobile Engineering
- Active member in YMCA
- Executive member in Citizen Welfare Association
- Member of Dist. Social Service
Mr. Prakash George Mathen
Proprietor of leading travel & tour operating firm M/s The Travellers Bank
Director of M/s Kerala Healthcare Holidays Pvt. Ltd
Was a member of College football team in Inter-University Level